OK, maybe you don’t care to read through 50 questions pertaining to ME! but this was actually really fun to do. It helped me to think beyond the usual things I write about, which is Olivia, my vagina, and chips and dip, not necessarily in that order of importance.
Kidding. I’m kidding. I’m starting off on a good foot. Anyway, I’ve done a couple other tag posts in the past, but the one prior to this was all the ways I was Rocking Motherhood and I’m going to do another one!
Jean from As Seen On Jean tagged me in this 50 Things post and I thought I would give it a go (Thanks, girl!). So without further ado:
01. What’s your favorite candle scent? I have a soybean wax candle I got during my first donor egg transfer in Texas that’s called Warm Cinnamon Buns. Does the name make me snicker? A bit. Does it smell good? Like heaven.
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? Daenerys Stormborn.
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Well, I can’t choose anyone attractive, because that would be awkward. I would say Jimmy Fallon because I always thought he was hysterical and has eyes that make him seem like he’s always amused.
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? Well I was 22 when I got married, which is probably younger than I would have thought growing up.
05. Do you know a hoarder? *raises hand sheepishly* But I’m getting better. I’m purging lots and lots stuff now because I can’t stand the clutter. But so far no rat feces have collected, so I think I’m doing OK.
06. Can you do the splits? Have you met me?
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike? Maybe 7? I remember getting my first bike with training wheels at seven, and I then learned to ride it without the training wheels.
08. How many oceans have you swam in? Swam in? One. Put my feet in? Three. The older I get, the more slimy things on the ocean floor creep me out.
09. How many countries have you been to? Erm, just mine. Unless you count St. Lucia for our honeymoon.
10. Is anyone in your family in the army? My immediate family no, but I have relatives who have served.
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one? I love the name Olivia!!! Oh wait…
12. What would you name your son if you had one? Adam was our initial boy name, but that name was given to my first baby I lost in an early miscarriage. The other one, the one we had ready for this last pregnancy, we’re still keeping hush.
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test? Oh I’m sure I’ve failed a few.
14. What was your favorite TV show when you were a kid? Full House and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8? I was probably a witch.
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? Of course! All of them, though I have a special place in my heart for Harry Potter.
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? Definitely British.
18. Did your mother go to college? She went initially for child development but then got her Associates and started as a secretary. Now we call her an admin. 🙂
19. Are your grandparents still married? On my dad’s side, yes, until my grandpa passed away when I was 11. On my mom’s, my grandma was remarried after my mom’s dad passed away when she was a teenager.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I always wanted to. I will live vicariously through Olivia.
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is? I was born in 1985, so yes.
22. What was the first amusement park you went to? It was probably Camp Snoopy in Mall of America.
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in? I took three years of Spanish. I definitely wish I was fluent, especially being a nurse, for the work opportunities it would bring.
24. Do you spell the color grey or gray? I’m a terrible speller, so I admit I’ve spelled them both ways. But I think I spell the color gray and spell Grey’s Anatomy with an e.
25. Is your father bald? He is not. But is my husband bald? He is getting there.
26. Do you know any triplets? I am waist deep in the infertility community. I know many triplets.
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook? Why must you make me choose????
28. Have you ever had Indian food? Not until just really recently and my husband (also a newbie) turned me on to it.
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? That’s tough. I have so many that I love going to! I guess right now if Chris asked me where I wanted to go eat, I’d say Granite City. We found it a few years ago and we always order the same thing: I get the BBQ bacon cheese burger with waffle fries and the Granite City sour cream dip. It’s my weakness.
30. Have you ever been to Nandos? No, but I’m intrigued.
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)? I just got a Costco membership through a Groupon!
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I’m trying to remember if I was supposed to be Michael, or if that was for one of my sisters. Mom, help me out here.
33. If you have a nickname, what is it? I was Reese in high school. Now only Chris calls me that. Fun fact: I almost legally changed my name to Reese when I got married.
34. Who’s your favorite person in the world? I have many favorite persons. But it’s probably Chris.
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city? Definitely the countryside. As long as there is a Target in a 15 mile radius I’m good.
36. Can you whistle? I can.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight? No. I need it dark, or I get distracted.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning? Yes.
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily? It’s a good thing I’m not being asked this during my last IVF cycle. I take Vit D, a prenatal, ranitidine for heartburn, magnesium and melatonin for sleep, and my Juice Plus.
40. What medical conditions do you have? Shitastically infertile and occasional high blood pressure, through no fault of my own. Also, as I’m figuring out, possible postpartum anxiety. I’ve also dealt with anxiety and depression in the past that I know catch up to me every once in awhile.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital? I’ve been in the ER a few times, but only admitted once for my C-section.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? Sure have!
43. Where do you buy your jeans? Why the hell would I buy jeans?
44. What’s the last compliment you got? I think Chris told me this morning that my low voice was sexy. I have a cold. Take that how you wish.
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Yes! Some of the interesting ones that I subject poor Chris to with a lot of, “And then this huge wave came up and—wait, no, that was after that guy was coming after me and I had jelly legs and couldn’t run.”
46. What flavor of tea do you enjoy? Thanks to my husband’s tea habit, I’ve been schooled in good tea. My favorites are peppermint and spearmint, and some fruity ones.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own? A lot. Probably 15-20 which makes me sound lot more fashionable than I am. Most of them are tennis shoes in varying stages of wear, and sandals.
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice? Christian—we go to a nondenominational church.
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real? Oh… I can’t remember exactly, but I had just trapped my mom by losing a tooth and failing to tell her about it. When the tooth fairy didn’t come I burst into her room that morning and accused her of being the Tooth Fairy. So I reckon that’s when I found out about the Easter Bunny and Santa as well. Sorry Mom.
50. Why do you have a blog? Because I’m a massive attention whore. Just kidding. I love sharing my infertility journey with others, hoping it can make people feel less alone. But I also love attention.
WHO I’M TAGGING TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NEXT …
Amber at Old Lady and No Baby
Amie at Is it time yet?
Jess at My Path to Mommyhood
Jane at The Vintage Millennial
Jane Allen at Mine to Command
Kami at Life With Kami
Meredith at Mommy in Leggings
Non Sequitur Chica at Non Sequitur Chica
and of course anyone else who wants to have a go! Click here to have an easy way to copy and paste the questions.
Please comment with the link to your post if you participate so I can read your own answers! Even if you don’t have a blog yet, what a great way to start one!
This is a fantastic way to get to know all of you beyond your blogs.